Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara

Happy Friday!

I've got a quick mascara review for you guys.  This has been one of the most hyped up products of the year, and I had to know if it was worth it.

My go-to mascara is Covergirl Lash Blast (the original, non-waterproof formula in the orange tube).  So I was coming in to trying this mascara with high hopes because I really love that formula and brush.

The tube is exactly like the Lash Blast tubes, but a cute, bright green this time.


The brush, however, is very different.  It's still a pretty large synthetic bristle brush, but it's got a scoop in it.  The bristles are a bit longer than the Lash Blast bristles, so that's good news for those who found that the Lash Blast didn't separate their lashes well. 



I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the brush is the biggest, if not the only, change to this mascara compared with the Lash Blast formula.  This mascara claims to separate your lashes completely, giving you a totally clump free look.  I think the brush goes a long way to doing that.

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, so the formula has had a little time to dry up a bit.  I tend to like a drier formula for my lashes.  I would say that I have pretty long lashes naturally, so what I really look for in a mascara is some plumped up volume.

I am really enjoying this mascara.  I think it delivers on its clump-free promise.  But lots of mascaras do that, so why buy this one?  I think that the formula is really buildable, which I love.  I find I can keep going back over it and build volume without getting that spider lash look.  The photos below are the product of many swipes of the mascara.  I didn't really count coats since I don't wait for one coat to dry before applying more, but I spend about 30 seconds with each I would guess.

I find that I get the best separation when I use the scoop side of the brush.  I think it fits in well with my eye shape, and as you can see below, I can get those tiny lashes at my inner corner no problem.  The definitely a winner in my opinion.  

Side note: don't you wish you could buy mascara brushes separately? Like, I'd love to use this brush with another mascara whose brush I don't like so much.  

I would not recommend this for lower lashes.  I don't wear lower lash mascara during the day, but I think this mascara would probably give you flakes if worn on the bottom because I do notice a tiny bit of flaking at the end of the day with this.  Nothing that a quick tissue swipe can't take away, and by the time I notice the flakes, I'm ready to take the mascara off anyway.



Bottom Line:  I think this one is a winner, and I think I might actually like it better than Lash Blast because of the awesome brush.  I find that the formulas perform very similarly though, so if you didn't love the formula of any of the Lash Blast mascaras, this one might not be for you.  You can get this mascara for around $7 at your drugstore, or you can grab it for $5.59 on Amazon!

Have you tried this mascara? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

biswa said...

thanks for sharing'

Hope to see more posting related to facial hair removal

One of my friend referred me to urbana.ie

seems like a good site